Due to the newly instated California AB5 Law, as of January 1, 2020, all audience members will be paid via payroll for attending a television show as an audience member.
DO NOT SEND LEGAL DOCUMENTS TO US THROUGH E-MAIL! Onsite staff will need to verify the documents in person.
In the past 14 days, if you have visited areas where COVID-19 is spreading or if you feel sick (even with mild symptoms), we ask that you please stay at home as a precaution. We want to keep everyone happy and healthy! See more information and current hot spots.
See the documentation you can use for payroll eligibility. YOU MUST BRING ACTUAL DOCUMENTS (NO PICTURES, NO COPIES, NO EXPIRED DOCUMENTS).
The onsite coordinators will be on location up to an hour before the call time. It is recommended to get there early to fill out onboarding paperwork. Those people who are onboarded early will be admitted to the studio on a first-come, first-served basis.
To save time you can print and fill out the following documents BEFORE YOU COME TO SET:
- ONE TIME ONLY: Each audience member will need to fill out each of the following documents:
- EACH SHOW: Sign IN/OUT with Coordinator
- You are required to sign IN and sign OUT with an onsite coordinator to be compensated for the show.
- After you have been onboarded with payroll please bring one form of valid (non-expired) ID to the show at check-in/out
In order to be paid, at the end of each show you must fill out a payroll voucher (which may be paper or electronic) that is approved by the coordinator. You will take a copy with you (if electronic, you will receive and email receipt). If you fail to complete and turn in a voucher for the show, you will not be compensated.
Sessions Payment Schedule: If you attend a show between the 1st and 15th of the month, your check will be mailed by the 26th. If you attend any other day of the month, your check will be mailed by the 10th of the following month. Every attempt will be made to pay members as soon as possible, but please allow at least 5 business days after the applicable payday for your check to arrive.
For all payroll inquiries, please call 888-763-5886 and select the “non-union” option, or email email@example.com.
Sessions Payroll does not process direct deposits for audience members at this time. Sessions will mail checks once they’re printed. If the check gets returned, they will contact the audience member to update their address with a change form.
If you worked prior to February 28th, 2020, please contact Entertainment Partners at firstname.lastname@example.org with all payroll inquiries.
California Assembly Bill No. 5 (AB5)
As of January 1, 2020, the newly-instated AB5 law is taking effect that will affect all audience members. AB5 will now assume all workers are employees, unless the company that hires them can prove the following three things:
- The worker is free to perform services without the control or direction of the company.
- The worker is performing work tasks that are outside the usual course of the company’s business activities.
- The worker is customarily engaged in an independently established trade, occupation, or business of the same nature as that involved in the work performed.
To write the assemblywoman who instated this new law and express your concerns, please email:
Assemblywoman Lorena Gonzalez EMAIL: email@example.com
Legislative Assistant Shubhangi Srivastava EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org